Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keep your laws off my eyeballs

It has come to my attention that the suburb of my birth is trying to outlaw the eye-roll, and although I wasn't the eye-rolling resident who was "ejected" from a city council meeting, I still consider this a personal insult.

I was delivered by a doctor in that very town 27 and a half years ago -- he announced "It's a girl!" and I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "Yeah that's something to celebrate. Seventy-five cents on the dollar. Cigars all around!" With that kind of a beginning it's no wonder I grew up to become "the eye-rolling queen" (according to my friend who sent me the article).

If I possessed any motivation and a vehicle I'd maybe consider starting a petition and marching it out to Elmhurst to fight for the right to eye-roll. I'm just glad U.S. Cellular hasn't succeeded in outlawing the shrug.

3 comments:

Ms. P said...

I totally rolled my eyes at U.S. Cellular. I like to think of myself as the eye-rolling princess.

Amy said...

That would make you my daughter... stop making that face or it'll stick that way!

Ms. P said...

Maybe I could be a Duchess or something. OMG. Can I bet a Countess? Please?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin