Monday, January 26, 2009

Note to bachelorettes: Put the flapper dress back on the rack


Tonight on The Bachelor, Lauren, Megan and Shannon got canned during the rose ceremony. To add insult to injury, Jason didn't even give out The Final Rose... he disliked all of these ladies so much that he eliminated all three by choice! I didn't give the episode my full attention until the end -- multi-tasking included working out, finishing my book, checking my e-mail and talking on the phone with and texting my sister (yay to my fam for finally embracing my TMing obsession!) -- two hours sure is a long time... So the only explanation I've come up with for Jason disregarding the rules of the "journey" and voluntarily giving up a potential make-out partner a week early is that he just plain hates those ruffly dresses all three ladies wore to the ceremony. Actually, now that I think about it, Jason looked totally normal (well, relatively) -- on a role calling names -- until he got to the last three bachelorettes, took in their matching outfits, and confessed that he just couldn't go on.

Yes, Lauren seemed to be flirting with herself, and Shannon's attempt to kiss Jason with her over-glossed lips and boogery Kleenex was disastrous, but I'm not sure what Megan did wrong, so it must have been the collective ruffles. Women should probably add this trend to the list of dude-repellent outerwear that includes capri pants, North Face puffy coats, ballet flats, cardigans and long skirts -- sometimes handy, but probably not when you're on a reality dating show.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

You've finally cleared things up for me! It must be her choice not to wear a ruffly dress that has allowed creepy southern botox widow chic to remain on the show despite the fact that, between her scary face and the odd things she says to Jason, she gives me nightmares every Monday night. But wait, the other bachelorette didn't wear a ruffly dress on their double date..... I guess he prefers a scary botox face to weird sideburns....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...can't say I've been watching the show, but I'm sad that most of the "dude-repellent" pieces you mentioned are hanging in my closet. Puffy coat, ballet flats, cardigans: check, check, and check. I've got some capri pants in there somewhere too; they just haven't been worn in a while. Good thing I wasn't planning on trying out for a dating show anytime soon.

Amy said...

Eh, don't we really dress for eachother anyway? Some I understand, but why must they detest capri pants so much? They're so cute...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin